Monday, May 7, 2018

COF May- Sweetness

May 2018 ~ Hostess: Kelly 
Scripture: NLT: 
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.




 I started off using the colors Yellow and Black, Yellow in Distress Oxide ink, then I had to add in a few more colors. The Black came in with the stamping of the flowers.  Before I stamped the image, I spritzed a stencil and placed it down into the distress cardfront, making an impression of the stencil. I stamped using a  floral image from Lawn Fawn (Flutter By).  I masked and stamped repeatedly using Nuvo Hybrid Ink pad (Sparkle and Sprinkle. I added drops of shimmer (old/retired SU spray). I also added Nuvo glitter drops in Honey Gold around the sentiment. 

I have a dear friend on my mind to send this card to: )  She has alot on her plate- her husband is very ill, and relies fully on God and is so inspiring to me!  He strength is unbelievable!  I hope it puts a smile on her face!



The Crafters of Faith is a group on SCS. We have a challenge hostess from the group give us a challenge each month based on a scripture. It is an OPEN group, so if you would like to join us, drop Kelly a line!  Check out the other COF cards on Splitcoast HERE!  


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Shelly - I am sure it will be appreciated - I know I appreciated cards when my DH was so ill.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, you are so creative! I love the background you created. Beautiful!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The colors are gorgeous!! Your friend will treasure it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

Gorgeous, colorful card, I love it!

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful. I love how the background came out.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome results with your colours. Love that stamp. It will really be appreciated.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love all the awesome things you do with your oxide inks, Shelly!! This card is gorgeous!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Great background.