Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Faux Canvas

I had some fun making a project for the adult day care my Mother goes to. We made a Faux Canvas with a spring theme.


 We used  the bottom of a box (these were from a grocery store) that is 9" x 12. They were painted with Gesso.

 The grass was punched out- 6 per 8"x11 1/2" cardstock. the trees were cut using the Silhouette- a design from the library in the Make the Cut program (tree23),  The clouds- Memory Box dies in Marina Mist SU CS. The bird is a unbranded die from China cut out in red SU CS. The flowers are from various punches- I put double sided sticky tape behind the clouds, the bird and back of the flowers so they could be added to the canvas easier.  I am not sure if it was easier or not- peeling the tape off the shapes- or if it would have been easier to glue each piece.

 We made a total of 13 or 14- here are a few of the faux canvases:

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, that is a great project. I'm sure the adults at the day care loved it.

Lynn McAuley said...

What awesome fun these must have been for all the seniors!! Their faux canvases are sure to be treasured works of art by those who participated, Shelly!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this is an amazing project! Looks like there were some great artists in the group, too!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Shelly these are great! They did such an awesome job. You are so clever.

NanaConnie said...

Shelly, I adore these! What a fantastic idea. If you don't mind, I'm going to borrow it and use it at my local seniors center where I teach a craft class each week. The ladies will love it. :-D

Donna Heber said...

Hi Shelly, this looks like it was a lot of fun to create. Wonderful job!

Donna said...

Shelley, you've been a busy little bee! How adorable. I bet the seniors loved doing this project. They are so lucky to have you helping out. Have a super weekend!

MiamiKel said...

SHelly, these are amazing! you are such fun! I'm sure they are going to treasure these, and their family members being them, too!