Sunday, October 6, 2013

Alcohol Ink ATC's

I joined in a swap hosted by my friend Diane (who does not have a blog...) over at Rubber Stamp Chat.  The trades are always fabulous in these swaps......  Here is what I created:
Technique Junkies technique called Alcohol Ink Splatters (April/May 2013).  I used a die set by Cheery Lynn, and the bat is made with a butterfly punch (cutting off the bottom portion). Sentiment by Sweet Stamps ( HERE ).  I added Gold Stickles to the border of the ATC.

Another Alcohol Ink Splatters using a sentiment by Artistic Outpost (Think and Wonder) and the Silhouette die by Joy Crafts (HERE) .

And, finally- a piece of acetate with AI's and run through the Big Shot, then I added a Cheery Lynn Mini Butterfly (HERE).
 I was having fun, so did not make them all the same..... The bottom of the Yellow is a portion of an oval die frame (HERE).

Here are the ATC's I rec'd back:
Lt-Deb Lovett- Ink applied to a fabric base
Diane M- AI's applied to glossy paper


Lt  Pattidee-Tie Die AI
Rt Sheila Rose-AI on felt pad w/glossy CS

Lt- Jaimie Sander
Rt-cgstamper

Lt-Marianclare- AI on vellum then embossed
Rt-Pat Hanberry-AI then Goosebumps. The butterfly is attached to the bead, not the ATC so it is free floating.

There is another AI swap hostess Diane- due Nov 15th - I am going to join in again- want to join us- HERE is the link: AI Swap hostess Mylemontwist

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Shelly, you received some lovely ones - and the ones you did are just beautiful! I love the second one with all those bright colors. So pretty and cool techniques.
Lynn

Marilyn said...

Fabulous backgrounds Shelly, just gorgeous. Now I'm thinking I'm stuck in a rut and need to try some of these!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! So many inspirational ATCs here to see!! I love the alcohol ink tech and haven't done it for forever!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful ATC's Shelly - both the ones you made and the ones you received!! You have inspired me to try faux marbling again :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

What wonderful ATCs. I just the your backgrounds! So colorful and fun. I hope you saw the announcement at Beccy's blog. You won one of the snowman sets and maybe from my blog. Congrats!

Michele said...

you've made the alcohol ink splatters look like my next technique to try! gorgeous ATCs you made, and gorgeous ones received in return! xo

Penny said...

What fun ATC trades! You made such beautiful ones--love your backgrounds! And you got wonderful ones in return! :^)
Hugs, Penny