Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Technique Friday

Happy Friday!  Today I have a card made with the Faux Silk Designer Paper technique from the latest Technique Junkies newsletter. I used a digital image from Pure Innocence digi stamp Characters on Etsy. This particular image is not currently in the store, but there are plenty of others : )


I used Stampin Up cardstock and Designer Paper (retired). I colored the image with Copics and added some Sakura Gelly Roll pen for shimmer. The flowers are also colored with Copics- as is the Washi Paper I added. I thought the rhinestones also needed color, so touched them up with a Copic marker as well.

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks- Flowers
Creative Card Crew- Punches or Dies
Tuesday Morning Sketches-Sketch
Use it Tuesdays- Use hoarded supply- DP -package had never been opened......
Make it Monday- Anything Goes

Shelly Schmidt

12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a sweet card Shelly - love the colours and the wee flowers bordering the image.
Blessings
Maxine

Anne Temple said...

So sweet. Love the background you created for her.

jimlynn said...

Great use of that washi!! Such a sweet and pretty image and love all the sponging you did. Sensational card with beautiful coloring!!!
Lynn

Karli said...

She's an adorable PI! The background is soft & pretty behind her. Hugs~

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This turned out so cute. I miss not having a printer for digis. Maybe I'll get it out of storage now that you inspired me.

Donna said...

Adorable card! Love the flowers in the image match the embellishments. Beautiful blue! Happy weekend!

Darlene said...

Hi Shelly! This is so adorable and I love how you've put the flower in her hair!! Awesome touch and reminds me of the little girl (age 8) next door ... she ALWAYS has a big flower in her hair to match what outfit she has on!
Fabulous creation Shelly!
Hugs from OHIO!

Penny said...

So darling, Shelly! Love the sweet image, how you colored her, the pretty DP, the flowers and your design! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Stef H said...

what a great card! such pretty muted colors and awesome background!

yeah, the cottonwoods here are bothering me a bit too... but just a bit as they're down by the mailbox (8 houses away).

hang in there sunshine!

hugs :)

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Shelly, this is so sweet! Love the sponging around the image and all those soft blues. What fab paper. :-D

Carol Hurlock said...

Shelly this card is absolutely adorable. What a sweet image.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Karen Howard said...

Super cute card, I love MFT images! Hugs, Karen