Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cooking up a Belli Challenge- #137- Recipe

The Creative Belli Challenge for the next two weeks- Feb. 15th- Feb 29th- is a recipe.
We want to see 1) ribbon, 2) Designer papers, 3) colors and 4)gems/pearls

 The DSP is by My Mind's Eye- Stella Rose Mabel 6x6 stack that I have been hoarding.  I punched circles using a Technique Junkies Technique called Collaged Circles (from the Aug/Sept 2011 newsletter). I added in a third color- Pumpkin Pie.
  The great Zenstamping digital image was drawn by a very talented friend Juliet A - her blog is Ballpoint Bliss. I colored the image with Copic markers and added Sakura Gelly Roll pen for accents.  I cut out an additional top wing and added dimensionals. I added Wisped Frames (another Technique Junkies technique) to the die cut.
The sentiment is by Pamela-from Firecracker Designs by Pamela-store is closed- and is called Flight of Fancy
Few Folks have seen a Fairy
But I found this one for you
If you believe with all your might
She'll make your dreams come true.

Apologies for the bad pictures- my computer is still on the Fritz and at Dell being repaired....... 

The Spirit of the Belli Challenge is to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments. I used DSP and an image that have been patiently awaiting their turn to come out of the drawer!

 When you upload your challenge card to any gallery (Splitcoast, Outlawz, CDAC, etc....), please use keyword CBC137

  We have alot of inspiration for you by the DT- and the new Belli has been announced- please check out the Creative Belli Blog for links to the DT cards and to see who the Belli and new Guest  Designer is!

We'd love to have you join us for the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this card is beautiful too!!!! Love the way you colored the fairy!!!! Awesome work!!!!

Juliet A said...

I love what you did with this image - the popped wing is especially clever! I never would have thought to use it with these colors, but this is a great palette.

I will bow out on the sentiment, though. Pamela did that, not me.

Anne Temple said...

Wow, love the way you colored this and the circle background adds such a fun element.

joy said...

Shelly, GREAT colors and layout. I am very intrigued by the zen-image. I love it. I'm not familiar with these and going to check them out now!

Priyanka said...

Aww she is so cute and adorable with bright red background. I love your background.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Look at all those circles! I am in awe! The fairy is cute and I love the color choices!

jimlynn said...

Love, love, LOVE that circle background! Lovely image and a wonderful card, Shelly!
Lynn

Markey said...

WOW great card for the challenge! Love how you have the background and the wings play off of each other
~M

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Shelly - love the strong, contrasting colours you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Carole said...

She's gorgeous! I love how you popped her wing, it makes her look like she's flying right off the page:)

paige said...

Wow Shelly! The background you created is awesome! Fabulous image - love that look. Terrific card!

NanaConnie said...

Stupendous, Shelley! Love your color choices and the scalloped background is incredible. Just gorgeous.

Robin Parker said...

Shelly, great use of the bold colors. Fabulous idea to pop up her wing with another.

Ceal said...

wow did I see a bunch of beautiful cards before I got to this one and it too is fabulous.