Friday, September 10, 2010

Bloggers Challenge- Fall Card

Today the Bloggers Challenge is a Fall theme- I  like working with Fall colors alot.  I used two different digi’s and taught myself some new digital ‘skills’ in my Paint program (getting smarter everyday- LOL).
ShellySchmidtSept02FCD
This is the free digital image from FCD (on the LT) and a fall digi (Child of Fall) from the store.  I flipped the Child of Fall digital image and removed the border and the words. I also figured out how to crop out a section of leaves, and that is what I used for the leaves on the side of the card- the sketch is from Card Patterns Sketch 80. I colored the image with Copics- I added Crystal Effects to the apples and Copic Spica to the rake. The Green panel is a Double Bugging technique- I learned from the Technique Junkies.  I had my twine out still from the SCS Ways to use it challenge, so added some of that as well.
ShellySchmidtSept02FCDcloseup
The next two cards I quickly made up with some DSP that I purchased at the Wilton sale- coordinating colors Sage and Buckaroo Blue.  (And, more digi editing…….) No words, no border…..
ShellySchmidtSeptember01FCD
and, no border, but sentiment left on…
ShellySchmidtSept03withwhiteFCD
or
ShellySchmidtSept03FCDnowhite
My husband likes the white panel and I do not-
What do you think???

Thanks for stopping by today. To see the Bloggers Challenge players Fall cards, click HERE

Additional challenges:
Mark’s Finest Papers- use 5 of something- card #1 has five sets of leaves cut out (3 on the side, 2 on the sentiment).
Stamptacular Sunday-Distress it- Card #1
Bunny Zoe’s-distress it
Ooh La La-stripes- Card #1
Digital Tuesday-dots (on Cuttlebug strip) and stripes-DSP
Tuesday Throwdown-Fall
Your Next Stamp-anything goes
Charisma-try something new-editing digi’s- removing borders and sentiments, editing out a small portion of a stamp
Cute Card Thursday-play on words card #2- Fall Leaves me Happy!
Paper Play-Autumn is coming
Stamp Insanity-elements in three’s-card #1
Alphabet Challenge-T is for trees
Fairy Fun Fridays-Embossing-dry
Stamp Man-distress
Stamp Something-Spots (CB embossing) and Stripes
Whew!  That’s alot of challenges for my three cards!
Have a great weekend
Shelly

40 comments:

Laura said...

Very cute cards.Your going to have to come and visit and teach me your new technique.LOL

Sue said...

Nice autuomical Card rich in colours. Fab embossed panel.
Thanks for playing FFF
Sue x

Danielle Champagne said...

Gorgeous fall card! Beautiful fall colors, love your embossed border. Image is really cute, nicely colored
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Unknown said...

Lovely cards - love the images & colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Love all your cards! Great coloring and clean layouts. Thank you for joining us at StampInsanity!

Chrissy D said...

I like the white border - LOL Great cards!

jimlynn said...

Very pretty Shelly~And I also like the white panel - but either way is great.
Lynn

Beth said...

Oh my goodness - more beautiful, rich and fabulous projects! Gorgeous work!! Thanks for sharing with us at StampInsanity!

kc_froglady said...

this is wonderful Shelly! Love how you combined the digi's on the top card. And I like the white border too LOL!

paige said...

You did a wonderful job with these images!

Terry said...

This is a beautiful Fall card! Love that you taught yourself something - well the way you worded it. Digi's I have not attempted!!! Lovely colors and the embossed layer is such a wonderful compliment! Love it!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, these are all really gorgeous! Fall is my favorite time of year and I love using fall colors on my cards!!!

Joanne Gilch said...

I'm with hubby...I like the white panel. It made the image pop for me!!!! Love your techniques!

Carolyn said...

I like the white panel. Sorry. Such a fabulous card with fabulous colors. It's perfect for our distressed challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Marsha Fisher said...

Great cards...and I am impressed with you computer skills too ;-)

Carrie said...

I think they're all wonderful and colored beautifully.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Really pretty. I think I like the last one best. I go for the clean and simple ones!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are beautiful Shelly! I adore these images! Look at you...mixing things up with your digi stamps! Wonderfully done! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful fall themed cards! Thanks quite a list of challenge you've entered!

Clara said...

Very cute fall cards. The digi image is adorable. :)

Ida said...

Very nice Fall cards. Great images (I'm always glad we don't have to rake leaves though).
Oh I like the white border.

Annie said...

Great fall cards!!!!

Suzi Mac said...

Very nice fall cards, great layout and I like the white panel. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

JazzyH said...

I love the colors!

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful cards! Adorable images

tonistamps said...

Cute cards! Those images are adorable. Thanks for sharing what you're learning with digi too!

girlia said...

I like the color combo. very pretty

Gerrie Johnnic said...

All very pretty, my fav is the blue one, no words! No post from me this week.

Unknown said...

wonderful cards, thanks for playing with Charisma

Maria Matter said...

these are lovely Shelly!!!
and wowza, look at all those challenges...great job!
hugs & blessings!

Nikki Bond said...

Love these...such a great image! :)

Kelly said...

I really like the double bugging technique, will need to go through my TJ newsletters and try that one out. I like the white panel it makes the image pop. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing you next week.

stampingandstitching said...

These are all gorgeous and I love the card with or without the white panel! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Connie Fossenier said...

Wow what a wonderful bunch of all cards...I love the spellbinders shapes....and all the different fall shades..spectacular group of cards..
connie paxman

Kathy said...

You are on a roll! Love all these fall cards. The little child with the leaves is especially precious. Love how you removed the sentiment on some of them, great idea.

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful cards. Great job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Wendi said...

Absolutely gorgeous lovely colours
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play! :)

Carolina said...

Very pretty and lovely card.
Thank you for joining Alphabet challenge

Lisa Bohler said...

Wowza! You've shared some FABULOUS fall cards!!!