Friday, October 30, 2009

Bloggers Challenge- Halloween-Three cards to share

I wanted to share three cards for Halloween- the first two are digital images -this first image is a digital image perfect for a Halloween card. My kids are in High School and College- so I thought this would be a perfect image for a kid that age.  The image is available at FCD on Pamela's Blog for just one dollar.  I made it in a couple of different colors (as my twins are a boy and a girl).  I found this Dp at Target for one dollar too..... (I am saving my husband so much money!!!).  The image is colored inith Copic markers (C-0,2,3,5,7 and black 100, E00, G24, R24 and 3 sharpie markers in shades of purple). There is Shimmerz Angel Wings on the clouds and the moon, and over the purple on the inside of the cape.
The sentiment reads,"Once upon a midnight dreary". I cut the sentiment out of the BG paper.

On to the second image- which I also downloaded from the internet in an attempt to try digital images.  I think they are great for trying out all of the Copic markers and what blends and what does not blend.........
Unfortunately, I did not bookmark where this image came from.  Again, for older kids it is a great image- not too juvenile and not too sweet.    We go from all 5 of us here to one child- and the one who is at home is involved in school sports, and studies in the rest of her free time.  So, we go through a lively busy house to a very Q_U_I_E_T house......So, I thought it would be something that would make the kids chuckle.  I love this image with the eyes on the tree and the eyeball hanging from the dead branch- if you know where it is from, please drop me a line. The sentiment says "Things are kind of dead around here".





Finally, not my idea- I CASE'd this from one I saw at a SU stamping event I attended.  Too cute, don't you think?  The outside top 1/2 was run through the Big Shot with a texture plate, and color brayered on the raised part. I stamped the sentiment and applied the punched hands- which are folded in 1/2- part on the front and part on the inside.
  Then the card was put through the Big Shot with the die that cuts out windows.  The punched face was applied to the inside so it would peek through the window.  I have included a picture below of the card opened so you can see the entire punched image.
  My sister has younger kids- who will get this card in the mail- I hope they will like it!  They live about 1/2 hour from us, and we do not get to see them too often, but it will be a big thrill if they stop by in their costumes- they are 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th grades- so may prefer to be with their friends- their older brother is a senior in High School....so not out Trick or treating.

I will look forward to seeing all of your Halloween creations- Thanks for a great challenge!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful safe Halloween.
Shelly

20 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Boy, you've been busy - great Halloween cards Shelly!

Ida said...

Very fun Halloween cards. I loved the sentiment with the (Dead Tree) card.
Your monster card is really cute too.

Unknown said...

Your cards are great!! Love those digital images and yes they are perfect for older kids and that last card is just too cute!!

Anonymous said...

These are ALL so clever! Love that Dracula--he's terrific. And your punched art--Zowie!!!! he reminds me of a character from Sesamese Street.

kc_froglady said...

Great job with the digital images! I really like that second one too bad you can't recall where it is from... the saying is perfect with it!

Ursula said...

Oh, your count looks awesome! I love the "dripping blood" on the top of the piece, and the BG paper is perfect!
The tree card is way cute - gave me a great chuckle! (love the hanging eyeball! LOL)
And gosh, that grouch monster is adorable! Nice work, Shelly! :o)

Unknown said...

Your cards are great - the second one made me laugh out loud! TFS!

Cassie_lu said...

great cards

Selene Kempton said...

Too Cute! Love the image.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are terrific Shelly! My niece would really love the first one! :D

MJ said...

How cute! I love the first card, made me laugh. Both cards are fabulous.

Rachel Hope said...

Awesome cards! Love them all!

Juliet A said...

The second one is great! I could see myslef mailing that to one of my adult children, no problem.

The punchart monster face is great - I will have to remember that technique for next year.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Great job with the vampire Shelly!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Happy Halloween! You have some spooky fun projects going on here girly! Love it!

Connie Babbert said...

Great job with the Halloween cards! Love them!

Connie Fossenier said...

Awesome cards...and love the Digital images.
connie paxman

Lori said...

These are great! The first two are just perfect for older kids and I love the fun design of the last one.

Lisa Bohler said...

These are just great!!

Chrissy D said...

Three FUN cards - My favorite is the last one! Adorable. Looks like you were on a roll.